Associate Communications Manager
Scalable Press | November 2017 – Present | San Francisco, CA
Responsible for leading the internal and external communications strategy. I craft and refine the company’s story through corporate communications, press releases, and employer branding.
- Built a fully-stacked employee intranet with more than 70 resource pages for 300+ employees across 3 countries
- Coordinated and executed bi-weekly company all-hands meetings
- Launched the company’s initial PR strategy, earning placements in Forbes, The Wall Street Journal, and trade publications
- Established internal communications protocol (bi-weekly newsletters, quality control of company-wide memos, executive communications, Slack, etc…)
Stern Grove Festival Association | May 2017 – Present | San Francisco, CA
Stern Grove Festival is a summer concert series at the Sigmund Stern Grove Park. I am responsible for providing direct support to SGFA director of programming.
- Acted as onsite liaison for legendary artists, including Kool & the Gang, Ziggy Marley, and The Revolution.
- Coordinated artist hospitality for 20 SGFA concerts
- Assisted in filling out 2016-2018 concert reports
Partner, Public Relations & Communications
Massive Act, Inc. | April 2016 – Present | San Jose, CA (remote)
Massive Act is passionate about the live music industry and aims to make careers in the music industry easy and doable for all those passionate about it. Musicians can use Massive Act to build their tech rider, create an electronic press kit, and connect with a worldwide network of talent buyers, sponsors and music industry professionals.
My responsibilities include:
- Managing public relations and communications initiatives
- Directly assisting the CEO in creating and copy editing pitch decks for investors, events, and other related opportunities
- Acting as editor-in-chief for the company blog
- Providing content for social media on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
Digital Marketing Analyst, Inbound/Outbound Marketing Manager
Tiburon Strategic Advisors | July 2016 – November 2017 | Tiburon, CA
Responsible for all digital marketing and inbound/outbound marketing.
- Prepared targeted email marketing for 100,000+ contact database weekly
- Assisted in planning and executing three bi-annual CEO summits, with 200+ C-level attendees from top-tier FSI firms
- Established and maintained 60+ annual sponsors for bi-annual CEO summits
The Depot Manager
A.S. Promotions | From January 2015 – July 2016 | San Francisco, CA
Responsible for managing SFSU’s premiere music venue. This included booking artists, promoting upcoming events, and managing the annual budget.
- Booking 20+ concerts in a year, featuring artists like Kehlani, G-Eazy, and other touring and local artists
- Launched social media strategies to ensure sold-out concerts
- Doubled social media following in the first six months
Marketing & Promotions Assistant
Cumulus Media | From May 2015 – July 2016 | San Francisco, CA
Cumulus Media, Inc. is an American broadcasting company that owns several SF Bay Area radio stations, including KNBR, KFOG, 107.7 The Bone, KGO, and KSFO. My responsibilities included coordinating and executing events, preparing digital marketing collateral, and team coordination (scheduling, preparing one-sheets, etc.).
- Working high-profile events, including SF Giants FanFest, KFOG private concerts, and KNBR’s Dinner with a Legend.
- Acting as onsite for the stations’ on-air talent, high-profile radio guests, and legendary artists, including Chris Cornell, Sarah Silverman, and Florence + the Machine
- Assisted with marketing copy and copy edited station’s printed content, including The Bone’s Guys’ Guides and KNBR’s FanFest Programs
- Freelance Journalist, Hoodline/KQED/Noise Pop (Oct. 2012 – present)
- Promotions & Marketing Assistant, Cumulus Media (May 2015 – July 2016)
- Editor-in-Chief, The Cabrillo Voice (Aug. 2013 – June 2014)
- VP of Publicity, Alpha Gamma Sigma Honor Society (May 2012 – Nov. 2013)
For more details on my work experience, please visit my LinkedIn page.